I’ve added the second set of photos I took yesterday to “ANZ Picket Fence“. Which is one of the few remaining remnants of the 2014 Devonport Arts Festival. Which means I’m starting to get content up!
I’m not happy with the layout on the main page at all, though I’m putting off playing around with it more until I have more pages up so I’ll have more to work with… It doesn’t help that I have very limited ideas of how I want to have it look at the moment. I keep thinking of things and then deciding that they won’t work for various reasons – like being too complicated or being an ugly or bad color scheme… Or unpractical or too hard for someone who doesn’t know what I’ve done to use… I have to be very careful as I’ve found that what I think is an easy website to use in fact isn’t obvious to other people when I get them to try the site out for me.
I’m also going to have to work out I’m going to sort all of the individual pages once I’ve gotten too many to solely list on the main page, which I have been putting off thinking about let alone working on until today… My current big problem is that I don’t want my categories to either be set in stone with a small number or to get out of control over time as I keep adding new ones or to have a reasonable smaller number of them but have an “Other” category that slowly becomes the ridiculously large catchall if I don’t come up with a well thought out list to begin with.
Meaning that this is going to be a lot more consuming both in general and in finding new things for new pages than I was expecting over the next few weeks to months.